WINTER 3v3 LACROSSE LEAGUE: This is the 4th year of our winter 3v3 league! REGISTER TODAY TO RESERVE A SPOT!
WINTER 3v3 LEAGUE DESCRIPTION:Outside, under the lights, fast paced, maximum touches! #laxunderthelights
- All games take place outside, under the lights. This season all games will be held at Canon Park in Pinehurst.
- Games only, no instructional practices will be held. Games are about 41 minutes (i.e. 4 8-minute quarters, 2 mins between quarters, 5 min half)
- Elementary division plays Tuesdays, Middle School plays Wednesdays, High School Thursdays (games are at 6:00pm or 7:00 pm)
- Deadline to register: November 7th
- Open to all female players in grades 3-12 who have a *US Lacrosse Membership (click HEREfor a USL Membership)
- Players will register as individuals and get placed on a team (teammate requests may be made but are not guaranteed)
- Teams are responsible for their own uniform (i.e. color will be assigned, players must wear it)
- Elementary and Middle School teams are required to have a volunteer coach mostly to help make substitutions. High School teams will coach/sub themselves
- All games will be officiated
2018 SEASON:November 13- December 20
LOCATION: Cannon Park (90 Woods Rd. Pinehurst, NC 28374)
Elementary (3rd-5th): $50
Middle School (5th-8th): $50
High School (9th-12th): $50
DEADLINE TO REGISTER:Wednesday, November 7th...DEADLINE EXTENDED! PLAYERS CAN REGISTER UP TO THE FIRST GAME DAY!
3v3 RULES OF PLAY
- AC Sandhills Lacrosse programs seek to comply with US Lacrosse rules as provided by Official Rules for Girls Youth Lacrosse
- Games will be 3 vs. 3 (3 field players, no goalie)
- There will be four 8-minute quarters, 2 minutes in between and a 5 minute halftime (game lengths may be modified if agreed upon by both coaches and official)
- Teams must have 2 attempted passes before a shot on goal may be taken (officials will help keep track)
- Game will start with a draw and after each goal the game will resume with a draw unless "Mercy Rule" is in effect
- Mercy Rule: if a team is up by 4 or more goals, the other team may elect with the ball at the center instead of doing a draw.
- If the ball goes in the crease and stays there, the official will blow the whistle. One player on the defensive team will be allowed to go in and get the ball and she can cradle or pass it out on the whistle to resume play (players may NOT enter the crease unless there is a whistle).
- Basic fouls that will be called: stick to body contact initiated by defender, pushing, check towards the body, dangerous check, covers, empty stick checks (no checking in elementary, below the shoulder only in middle school).
- Blatant Shooting Space = this rule is for SAFETY - will be called it when it is blatant and the girls are putting themselves in a dangerous position in front of a shooter.
- If a player is fouled on a scoring play after the team has completed the two required passes, she will be awarded a direct shot on goal.
- Modified cages shall be used (i.e. 4x4 goals) or a regular goal flipped upsidedown
- The player bench areas must be located on the opposite side of the field from the spectators.
- Players' sticks may have a pocket that might otherwise be considered illegal in order to aid in catching ability, but may not have mesh (i.e. no boys sticks).
- Relatively equal playing time should be mandated in all games.
- Guess players may be used if a team does not have enough players but must complete a WAIVER.
- GAME DAYS/TIMES: Tuesdays 5:30PM OR 6:30PM start time (NEW START TIMES!)
- 2018 Game Dates: 11/13, 11/20, 11/27, 12/4, 12/11 (12/18 makeup)
- Volunteer coach is required (email [email protected] to volunteer or sign up during registration)
MIDDLE SCHOOL DIVISION:
- GAME DAYS/TIMES: Wednesdays 6pm or 7pm start time
- 2018 Game Dates: 11/14 , 11/21, 11/28, 12/5, 12/12, (12/19 makeup)
- Volunteer coach is required(email [email protected] to volunteer or sign up during registration)
HIGH SCHOOL DIVISION:
- GAME DAYS/TIMES: Thursdays 6pm or 7pm start time
- 2018 Game Dates: 11/15, (11/22 - NO GAMES THANKSGIVING), 11/29, 12/6, 12/13, 12/20 (12/21 makeup)
- Volunteer Coach is optional
- Full checking allowed
US Lacrosse Membership REQUIRED for insurance purposes and costs $30 for 8th graders and below, $35 for High School, $55 for adults. The membership is good for one entire year and we require it for every program we run (coaches and players). It comes with a subscription to US Lacrosse Magazine and other benefits. Click HERE to look up your daughter's Membership Number if she already has one. Click HERE to register your daughter with US Lacrosse before registering
CANCELLATIONS: We will send emails AND text messages should we need to cancel any sessions.